Friday, September 21, 2018

Facebook: Made It To Penticton

Made it to Penticton today and visited Paul C the curator of the Penticton Art Gallery. The photos look great, around 22 prints, hanging, I think. The framing turned out very nice and the gallery is a first class facility, the best I have ever shown in. They were doing the final hanging and starting the print titles when I arrived. Everything should be pretty and beautiful tomorrow for the opening. They chose mostly b/w images of 3 sizes, 11x14, 16x20 and 20x24, with about 8 color shots as well.
Am laying on a nice queen size bed (2 in the room) that the gallery booked and paid for, 3 nights here. After all those nice crammed into our little van. Lisa and I are really enjoying a REAL HOTEL ROOM. Hot bath, cable TV (watching Tiger golf), balcony, nice shower and bath etc, even a nice swimming pool and hot tub under a gazebo nearby.
The artist talk is on the 22nd, my time is 1pm. The only down point is I will not be able to meet Greg Constantine, he will not be here till October 6.
The prints-framing-matting look better than I thought they would. The hotel is nicer than I hoped. The people I met in the gallery seem so friendly and kind. This is turning into a truly wonderful experience. I need to do my part, I need to nail my talk on the 22nd, need to do justice to the "Families of the Dump". Their stories are so important, I need to live up to the faith they showed in me, need to tell their stories fluently and with passion.
The gallery also asked me to make up a life at the dump video they could play in a loop. The hope is to humanize the family even more. I made something up quickly tonight with limited the files I had with me. The first part of the vid unfortunately does not have audio. The photos will have proper titles before the opening tomorrow. I will update with more complete and better photos of what the hanging prints look like. Hope to also do a short video later on for my YouTube channel.

Early handing of the show without titles
Hotel Room at the Ramada, Peniction BC Canada