Friday, August 12, 2011

Deaf Lady Portrait On Daily Visuals Blog

Guess it is my turn to today to have one of the open photos shown on the daily visuals blog. Not sure what a traditional photograph is, my mistake, I guess I should have just listed it as a silver gelatin print.

This photograph is one of the early "Peoples Project" images, I shot 2 photos of her (one with eyes down). The strange part of this photo session is I talked to this lady for like 15 minutes as I set up and shot 2 pics of her and 2 of her home. I was yapping a way in Thai but she was not talking back, eventually she held a finger up to her ear and shook her head (telling me she was deaf). Gerry gabbing for 15 minutes before he realizes his subject is deaf! Quick boy, thats me! She was a nice polite lady with sad eyes, I wonder if she could lip read my broken Thai? I wonder what the story of her life is? Born deaf? Did she marry? have children? I would like to go back to her home and give her this portrait if possible.

Here is the link:

Deaf Lady Peoples Portrait, Daily Visuals Blog Visual Alberta Arts