Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Web-page Work

Will spend this week working on the web-page. My page is something I work on improving bit by bit over time. I do all the HTML stuff, the page is so so, not great not terrible (maybe closer to terrible than great!). I am trying to remove some of the bad photographs and also add in better scans of the good stuff. I am also adding galleries for the recent people series in Klong Toey. This years trips to Thailand and Cambodia also have to be accommodated.

When I made up the page I wanted something I could do myself so that it would be cheaper and also more convenient than having a web designer do up the page. The other thing I wanted to avoid was making the page to gimmicky. I wanted people to visit to be able to browse a lot of pictures easily and quickly. To many photographer pages I go to are difficult to surf, there are all kinds of fancy things on the page that just makes seeing the difficult and time consuming. I wanted something that was like a contact sheet that people could just click on quickly and navigate a maximum amount of photographs with a minimum amount of time and effort.

It will take time to get the new page out but I can improve it slowly over the coming months. Hopefully before I take my Cambodia trip it will be all up and running.