Thursday, March 3, 2011

5x7 Linhof

Did some test shots with my 5x7 Linhof to make sure the bellows were light tight, seems they are. I shot these photos of my father in my small studio with different softboxes than I used with the Sex Worker Thai photos (those softboxes are in Thailand). The soft boxes I used here in Canada are much bigger which causes the highlight in the eyes to be less defined, not sure I like that.

I will work on doing heads in natural light with both the 4x5 and 5x7 Linhof's. I need to duplicate the lighting situations that will be available in Cambodia and Thailand and make effective head shots with more limited light and larger f-stops (shallower depth of field). These shots of dad were shot at F64 I might only have F5.6 or F8 in the field plus very slow shutter speeds.