Saturday, March 12, 2011

New Used Jobo

Picked up a used Jobo CPP2 processor last night, locally. The price was good ($550) plus I did not have to pay for shipping costs. The processors digital readout is not working but it heats and agitates correctly. I also got a brand new jobo lift in the deal and a few odds and ends. A couple of patterson reels, a couple of small Jobo tanks and a plastic washer for Patterson reels that can hold up to 5-35mm reels for washing. I had to put a new hose on the washer (which I did for $15) but I think it will give a more efficient wash (water goes out the top and bottom of washer) than my current system, wish it could do 8 reels at a time thou.

The Jobo was made for Germany and is a 220 volt powered unit, I also got a power transformer in the deal to convert the power to 110 volts. Someday I might be able to use this transformer unit in Thailand if I get a condo there and want to use Western powered flash or other types of appliances. Heck that also goes for the Jobo unit as a whole, I can use it in Thailand without a transformer (I think).

I did not want to spend more money at this time but the alternative was having to order another through Ebay and then paying for shipping from the USA would have been much more expensive. At least now I have a backup plan for when the processor that I have now goes down, last week it took 5 minutes to get the pump going.