Monday, November 22, 2010

No Photos Today, But!

Bad day photo wise, spent most of my time trying to track down a adaptor ring for my Hasselblad ring flash. I could not find anything in Bangkok and it looks like I will have to duct tape my ring flash to the blad lens! Not sure how successful this set up will be but I have no other options. I have to try to make photos with a duct taped ring flash. Last year when I did the white background images I did it with a badly cracked/broken ground glass that I had to tape and glue together. This years challence will be making photographs with the ring flash coming off and going off centre.

I delayed my arrival in Pattaya a day without a penalty at the hotel so am off from Bangkok tomorrow at 6am. I did have a rather unique experience today. I went to a Thai massage school and had a free oil massage for 1 hour and a half. The massage was given to me by 1 sometimes 2 and for about 15 minutes 3 ladies! The atudents are learning Thai massage and they need people to practise on, especially big farang like me. I am a bit shy when it comes to things like this but heck I had to overcome it for the good of others. Goodhearted of me don't you think? : )