Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Yaum Song And Dad

 from Facebook....

This is the song that I got the pseudonym photo name YAUM from in 1999. "Yaum" (ยาม) also means "Security Guard" in Thai, so it fit. The song would play constantly from a jukebox in a all night Bangkok bar I would visit, the workers would put in the coins and play the song again and again.. I would study Thai, make photos and hear these lyrics all night long, month after month (I spent 10 months in Thailand in 1999).

Whenever I hear this "Yaum" tune, I think back to the those times, the people I know, the people now lost and all the adventures had. so many wonderful memories. Life is in constant flux, music brings back those moments to us all. After my dads passing I found I could not listen to the music he made without being overcome with emotions (dad was a drummer in a wedding band). You got to love music, such a beautiful and powerful art form. When you least expect it, it will pull you back to a time in your life, allowing you to relive those moments.