Monday, June 21, 2021

Wet Plate Darkroom Build Continues!

Slow progress on the wet plate darkroom trailer today. The water system into the sink looks OK, still need to work on the sewage part of things. I put twine tie downs through all the plastic drawers to prevent them from moving while travelling and screwed the bigger plastic drawers to the floor of the trailer. Also secured the water tank with wooden boards salvaged from the motorhome. Plenty of duct tape in this current effort, but it should be functional, hoping to improve that later.

Still need to figure out how to transport the glass stuff safely, the various sized silver tanks and many other items. I can use the left large sink stainless sink area for transport storage, probably liquids like fix, developer etc. I need to keep the right sink area clean for the picture making. Lots to think about this week while I am doing my night shifts.
My goal is to get the trailer on the road in 2 weeks time and make me some ambrotypes!

Fire extinguisher and head stand. The metal shelf is wired to the wall.
Kaos still reigns! Stringed, labelled plastic drawers to the right. The plastic drawers are wired to the wall, they do not move. At least I hope not.
I have a small drip! Boy do I hate plumbing stuff.
Chemical storage?
Fire extinguisher and head stand. The metal shelf is wired to the wall.
Sewage and water pump.
All the smaller labeled plastic drawers.