Monday, June 7, 2021

Fanny

from Facebook..

"Fanny" is home!! I think I will call the new-used wet plate RV "Fanny" as a tribute to both Frederick Scott Archer and his wife Fanny G. Archer. To those that do not know Frederick Scott Archer is the man who invented Wet Plate Collodion Photography.
 
The motor home was fun to drive, more noisy (diesel) than I am used to, she handled and accelerated pretty nicely. Some noises in the RV part of things as I bumped along the roadway but not that bad.
It was a very expensive day, bought a Motorhome, paid for insurance, registration and upgraded my AMA membership to Premier RV (allows one time towing of 360KM on RVs). Also got a licence plate for the darkroom trailer. Getting the hitch set up is next. Lots of money gone but soon I will make ambrotypes on the road, so it will be worth it.
 
Now I need to take the cats out for a look! Wish me luck.
 
Parked next to the trailer on the side of the house
Parked at the side of the house
Leng Mao unsure of motorhome
Eating area
Dim Sum unsure of motorhome