Monday, November 12, 2018

A Jaunty Orange-Yellow

Did some painting today in my new large, 2nd darkroom space. Over the last several days been working on the darkroom (as well as elsewhere in the house). I had to scrape the cupboards free of oily grease which had built up after years of cooking in the space by my father. The grease was stick and hard, I needed to use a steel brush to scrape some of it off. I also used a cleaning liquid and water on all the surfaces I painted, both on a wall and in the cupboard. I used an old can of paint I had saved, it was about 10 years old. The paint seemed to work pretty well when thoroughly mixed up.The cupboard and the wall behind the planned darkroom sinks are now a jaunty orange-yellow. I will need to put on a second coat when I can, still have 1/2 a can of paint left.

I am so looking forward to doing Platinum-Palladium printing in the coming months. Also looking forward to teaching workshops in the space. I set up my iMac computer and Espson 800 printer upstairs in the home, to make digi negs.