Monday, November 26, 2018

2 New Diane Arbus Books

Two new Diane Arbus books arrived via Amazon.ca at my Edmonton home this afternoon. I viewed both books at bookstores in Vancouver, at much higher prices. I did not know either book existed till I saw them on this last trip. Bought them both with Amazon, saving both in price an in not having to lug these heavy things all the way home. How can you beat that?

The first book is on Arbus’s early work, bookshop price was $40 CAD Amazon price was $29 CAD. The book, "diane arbus in the beginning", features the beauty of Arbus's first images, many which were unknown to me. What an amazing and ground breaking artist she was.


"Diane Arbus In The Beginning

The second book is based on the design of a Arbus’s limited edition set of 10 photographs. A real life box set made during her life time. She sold the box set of images when she was alive, they are worth a fortune now. I would love to view one of them someday, maybe if I am lucky.

This book is also called “A Box Of Ten Photographs”, and is a direct printed book copy of the real thing. The cost of the book was $105 CAD at the Vancouver bookstores and $60 CAD off Amazon.ca. This will be the closest I ever come to owning the real life real print box set. Got to love this book, so beautiful in so many ways. It also includes the back story, about the making of the box set. Getting this book was a bit of a dream for me. I have read so much about the real box set, now I can view this book daily, learn from it, enjoy it.

"A Box Of Ten Photographs"