Tuesday, November 6, 2018

2nd Darkroom Early Photos

Well here are some shots of the space I will convert into a 2nd darkroom. As you can see not a lot great just yet but we will work towards the goal and turn it into something real nice and sweet. This room was my fathers former kitchen, he made breads, cakes, pyrogies, cabbage rolls, pies and so so much more in this room.

It has been sitting empty and unused for about the last 6 years. I started digging through everything and moving stuff around, it is now quite a mess. Dad always kept the room very clean, but now after 6 years unused, its very rough. I have some of my stuff crammed into the room as well, a light table, processor etc. Now this space will become mine, it will allow me to make platinum prints, wet plate photographs, and gelatin silver stuff. I also plan to rent out the darkroom and use it for photography workshops I will be teaching.

First thou, LOTS AND LOTS OF WORK AHEAD OF ME!! Will start the painting soon and will bring in a plumber to hook up the sinks (small plastic darkroom job and the big stainless steel one below).

Note* It is hard to move dads stuff out and my stuff in. I keep thinking dad was the last one to touch this. He placed everything where it was, now I am moving it, changing HIS ROOM around! I think thou that my father would be happy that the house and his room are being used again. The first photos I do in platinum will be a tribute to my father, his last year of life. The large group of photos I made of him just before he left us. Will try Paltinum-Palladium printing some of the earlier pics I made of dad as well.

After my digging through cupboards and moving stuff, the room is a mess!