Monday, November 13, 2017

Another Boot Buy

Before the restaurant today, I went and bought another 5 sets of boots for the dump families. Cost was 1000 baht, 5 x 200 baht each.

2 - size 91/2 (they do not have 9s)
2 - size 10
1 - size 11 1/2

Will hand them out in the coming days. Most everyone is asking for boots on a daily basis. I am finding it difficult to keep up with it all. Each set averages out to 200 baht a piece (7.68 CAD). It is a good way to help the families in the dump, a good way to spend the donation money. The problem lies in transporting everything to the dump (across a busy highway) on a motorbike, without Fred finding out, without crashing the bike. I have to carry large garbage bags loaded with stuff on the handle bars, and held between my legs.

Note* Each day I also have to carry camera gear, and a large tripod etc. Sometimes the load can be a bit overwhelming.

Today's boot buy, 5x200=1000 Baht