Monday, November 13, 2017

Met A New Friend, DA

Met a young man named Da today in a new rural area for me, an area about 1/2 way between my home and the dump. This new location might yield some portraits. Da who speaks Burmese plus some Thai and English seemed eager for me to return. In the area of his home, were many poor Burmese, some folks who did not have passports or proper paper work to be in Thailand. Da told me (in Thai) that the people were sometimes arrested, if they could not pay a bribe to the police..

I want to make photos outside of the dump, of Burmese in general, this place might be somewhere I can do that. Will visit again tomorrow, looking to make some friendships and learn about the lives of the locals. Gosh I wish I could speak fluent Burmese, this would be so much easier to do!