Wednesday, December 30, 2020

My Week Off Work Stuff And BODY SELLER Photos

 from Facebook...

Gosh doing lots of computer work this week, trying to figure stuff out. 
 
-Calibrating the Mac and P800 so they speak the same language.
- Working on learning how to make Quad Tone Rip digital negs.
- Installing new software.
- Trying (starting) to build a curve for platinum/palladium printing.
- Dealing with the install of 2 new furnaces in my mom and dads old home. A ton of doe, I used up all my KANATA photo project savings and still am short. The furnaces were 42 and 25 years old and needed to be replaced as both had stopped working, not good in Edmonton wintertime!
 
- Cleaning and setting up the darkroom to do alternative process work in the coming weeks.
- Preparing a suite in the basement to rent out. That will help pay for a house that is so expensive to keep going, taxes, power/gas bills, new furnaces, new garage doors, plumbing issues etc.
 
Gosh its great to be on my days off where things are so laid back and easy! On the good side my boss at work gave me $100 in gift cards, so we ended up having some free Boston Pizza last night!
 
Now back to the Quad Tone digi neg stuff, trying to get my head around it. If it goes right I should be able to do pt/pd printing, carbon transfer photos, Collodion projection plates (using an enlarger) and even gelatin silver images using digital negs made from the process.
 
Cannot wait for spring when the wet plate trailer will be on the road for the first time. 'Ain't Photography Grand!!"
 
Will leave you with a few photos from the BODY SELLERS photo series of a few years ago. Such good people living difficult and mostly forgotten lives. They get used up, thrown out and replaced. More details on the photos in the descriptions.
 
Tatooed male worker. I only photographed him one time, he worked in a gay area of Pattaya but the bar would sometimes have woman visit as much including Thai women. Pattaya, Thailand 2010.
Ladyboy worker, Pattaya 2010. I remember she was so shy and I embarrassed her at one point by saying the wrong thing. She taught be a lesson to be very careful in what I was saying when speaking Thai and joking. We learn from our mistakes.
Smiling/laughing worker in short time room, 2003 Pattaya Thailand. When I did these type pictures in 2003, one of my themes was to get a laughing photo. So with everyone I shot there was a moment where I tried to make the subject laugh. Usually by making a joke at how phony and false the whole thing (customer/worker encounter) was. That always brought a laugh even with people you had just met. It would also make for an understanding and even a friendship. Laughter heals all kinds of stupidity.
Long in short time room with her number and the bikini top she wore in her bar. Pattaya Thailand around 2008
Nit in short time room, where she would go with her customers. Nit worked scene for decades starting out as a young girl in the Gogo bars in the mid 70s. This photo is from around 2008 in Bangkok, Thailand.
Long in short time room, where she would go with her customers. Pattaya, Thailand around 2008