Saturday, December 12, 2020

Me And Judy

 Another cool moment just happened. I just realized that Judy Dater is interviewed in the coming issue of "Analog Forever Magazine", the same mag that features THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP!

Here is the advert blurb for the issue.

"Inside you will find interviews with Judy Dater, Gerry Yaum, Heidi Kirkpatrick, Lori Vrba, and David Burnett. Featured alongside them are portfolio features of Felicita Russo, Don Whitebread, Ky Lewis, Molly McCall, and Noell Oszvald. This edition is a tantalizing mix of photographic icons, established photojournalists, and emerging photographers that all bring the undying spirit of analog and film photography to our doorstep with their outstanding dedication to their craft."

https://www.analogforevermagazine.com/features-interviews/editon-3-artist-announcement

I had not read this section of the linked page, until today. Reading about myself always gives me the hee- bee-geebies so I tend to gloss over that type text and not read to closely. By accident I found out that Judy Dater is in the same issue as the "Families". JD is a photographer I have admired for a long time. When I was young and just starting out I saw a photo taken by her that made a lasting impression (see picture below). I enjoy her photography and an influenced by her work. Today, all these years later to be in the same magazine issue as Ms Dater, is pretty DAMN COOL!

Photograph by Judy Dater

For those of you that would like to see more of Judy Dater's wonderful world class photography, please visit her webite.

http://judydater.com/

So that means in this issue of "Analog Forever Magazine" the same thing has happened two. times. Photojournalist David Burnett was an early influence, Judy Dater an early influence and now we are all in the same magazine, telling our stories together. How cool is that!

Heck if were counting hanging with cool photogs. I guess you can include the online mag "Shades of Grey", as I am in that mag with my friend Larry Louie. Larry is a world class photographer, it is an honor to be shown with him as well.

It is great to be in the company of so many outstanding photogs! I feel so lucky today! Now if this damn Covid-19 thing would end, so I can make more photographs again!! Life would be perfect.