Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Learning Platinum-Palladium Thoughts And Prints For The New Brunswick Exhibitions?

 from Facebook...

With the wet plate trailer closed for the winter here in Edmonton, I am devoting the COLD SEASON to learning Platinum-Palladium printing with digital negatives. Rather complicated at times (digital negs part) but it should be loads of fun. I will start up again with the wet plate work in April, when the trailer will go on the road and the "KANATA" project starts to get serious.

Platinum prints are so beautiful, you got to love them! I will be making my first digital negative next week, with my first platinum-palladium print to follow soon after. If I can get this working will try to make up 10-20 small prints for the THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP and THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE UNDER FREEWAY exhibitions taking place at the University of New Brunswick Art Centre in 2022. It should be cool to see super larger digi prints alongside the super small platinum-palladium photos. It would allow the gallery viewers two unique viewing experiences.
 
Photo by Bill Schwab, digital negative and platinum-palladium print