Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Safety Net!

Picked up 2 small safes today, used off Kijiji. One key suitcase type cost $60 CAD another combination key type was $50. My intention is to uses one in darkroom #1 and the second in darkroom #2. The idea being to protect negatives from a fire. Both safes are rated to save the goods inside for 1 hour during a fire. Not sure this will work, maybe the negs will just melt, but thought it was worth the effort. $110 CAD to help protect my most valuable negatives from fire seems like a smart idea. I will need to choose only the top negs as the safes are small. These things at least give me a bit of peace of mind. I have always worried about a fire destroying my life’s work.

Note both safes an interior size of around 11x14 inches plus the height.


$50 safe
$60 safe suitcase