Sunday, December 9, 2018

2nd Darkroom Coming Along SLOWLY

Did some more work in the 2nd platinum printing darkroom. Moved some heavy cabinets and cleaned out some of dads cooking cupboards. I feel said moving my fathers stuff around, knowing he was the last one to touch each of these items. He  put them in the places they were stored after using them to cook for his farmers market (did that job for a long time 25 years or so). Moving his cooking things is like losing pieces of his memories, it makes me sad.

I will do some cleaning of a second wall mounted cupboard tomorrow, then start painting it. A section of the South wall of the darkroom is now painted a rather shocking orange (left over paint from my home). The orange in a way is soothing and seems neater. I will paint the second set of cupboards, drawers and selves a different color, have to see what is left available in my old paint cans.

Little by little this 2nd darkroom is coming coming together. I hope to be able to work in it by February 2019.