Monday, October 6, 2014

Its Going To Be OK

I was worried going into this exhibition that I might embarrass myself being in the same show as my friend Larry Louie. Larry is a world class photographer so I needed to be on my best game so as not to stand out to poorly in comparison. My pictures are not as good as Larry's but I think after seeing many of them over the last month for the first time on photo paper that I will do fine in this joint exhibition. I have gained some confidence there. Before I had only seen scans of the work but now to see them on photo paper has encouraged me. This new durst condenser enlarger has produced such beautifully sharp prints, its just simply wonderful experience to view them for the work the first time. I feel the photos are worthy of being shown in this coming joint exhibition, the stories they tell are worth the telling. If Larry is a major league pitcher, I am at least a double AA hitter, so I should be able to hold my own in this thing.

Printing the work over the coming months should be a joy. I worry about my father, and worry very much about printing the photographs of him that I hope to include in the exhibition. I am not sure I will be able to do that work but I will try. I want to show dad as many of the photos from the "Children of the dump" series and also as many exhibition photos of his part of the exhibition as I can, while I can. I need to get on my horse printing wise. I want to show him the finished framed and matted prints, I do not have any of those ready yet, possibly next week.

 Now its time to go to bed another week of 12 hour nightshifts awaits me. I got to pay the bills for this coming show.