Sunday, June 26, 2011

Things Are Coming Together

Well am at work doing final night shift (work 12 hours 7 on, 7 off), over the last 3 nights I have been cutting over mats and putting the pictures together in the frames. I am also doing some spotting and frame repair. Its kind of funny, for years I could not cut mats or do spotting well but when I needed it for this show things seem to be coming together. The mats are not perfect, either is the spotting but heck its a lot better than it ever has been, it's like I improved magically by 25% out of nowhere. Maybe it is a sense of confidence I have with my photography now that is translating to these minor tasks as well. Not sure what it is but I am filled with hope for the future, hope that I can finally make the type of photographs I always wanted to make, and confidence that I can get that work collected and shown. Ain't photography grand!

Hopefully this new found confidence will continue post July 14th (the show opening date)!