Friday, April 22, 2011

Printing For The Show

I have been printing the last 3 nights for the June 3rd show (still unnamed). The first print I chose might have been the wrong one, its a very complicated print to make. There is a exposure with dodging in 5 areas followed by burning in 3 areas at #3 contrast, then burning of 5 other areas at #O filtration. Followed by development and fixing process, tray wash, bleaching, a second fix, hypo clear, toning and archival wash.

Spent the last 3 nights learning the negative, I have 6 prints downstairs washing now, 2 might be ok for the show. If they do not pan out I can print this negative again later, it should be a lot easier the second time around.

I have moved onto another negative now, will spend the rest of the night working on this one which promises to be a lot simpler.

Have lined up the RA-4 chemistry for the color brothel prints I want to show, I wish I had more Kodak Metallic color paper. I might have to print on a different type of color paper.