Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Found Some 16x20 Paper

I found some more Ilford Warmtone 16x20 way in the back of my other papers so am going to continue tonight to work on the b/w photos for the show. I also found what might be some unfogged Agfa Classic 16x20. I should be up all night in the dark, am quite excited by that. Will go for a birthday dinner with my father in a few hours, he is 79 I am 47 (we have the same birthday 32 years apart).

I ordered $1300 worth of photo paper last week!! I will probably not use all of it now but its good to have around, seems like more show opportunities are developing. I also am going to make up a portfolio of work for Luz in Victoria so Quinton can use it for promotion purposes. Part of the $1300 is 200 sheets of 11x14 which I plan on using in the portfolio.

Yesterday went to the gallery space my friend Larry is building, its really beautiful as good as I have seen with wonderful lighting through out. Larry hopes to use the space to promote photography in Edmonton. I took some of the prints I might show at the group show (June 3rd) to check what they looked like in the gallery light. Overall I was quite happy with the look of the prints the tone and the glossy finished showed up quite nicely, the photos came to life under the lights. I might have to lighten up the prints just a tad and pull back on the contrast a bit.

My friend Rob also placed a frame order for me (another $1200-$1400). Rob and I plan on building the frames ourselves. Rob is the pro at this sort of thing, so he will probably do most of the work, I will do what I can and say "Thank You Rob, Thank You", lots of times. I got enough framing material both in black and white so I can go a few ways with what I choose to do. I also have a group show in October so am thinking of saving the white framing material for that show and using the black for this one.

Got to concentrate now on trying to save money, am paying off the paper, film and framing orders but then I need to save money for Cambodia, and after that Thailand so I can work on the Peoples series photos.