Friday, November 27, 2009

VAAA Group Show

I got an envelope from Visual Arts Alberta (VAAA) today as well as Contemporary Art In Calgary (TRUCK), earlier this year I made a series of submissions to both galleries (1 to Truck and 4 to the VAAA). Anticipating being rejected I had a blog entry all written up and was going to type in the polite rejection reply I have received 4 times before from this Gallery. I opened up the envelope and was surprised and delighted to see I had been accepted in a group show along with 2 documentary photographers from Quebec.

Some of the work can now be seen, some selected images will be finally hanging as a group. I can tell a bit of the story I want to tell, am happy and excited.

The exhibit is not for a long while but I want to print it and get it ready as soon as possible, so I can move on to other work and other submissions.

Mr Elliot Erwitt was right, hard work does eventually create results. I now need to work even harder.

The letter from VAAA:

On behalf of the Visual Arts Alberta Association I would like to thank you for submitting your work for consideration in the VAAA Gallery's 20010/20011 exhibition schedule. I am pleased to advise you that you have been selected by the jury for a joint exhibition with Quebec documentary photographers Patrick Dionne and Miki Gingras titled "Humanidad and Human Voices" scheduled to run from October 13, to November 10, 2011.