Saturday, November 28, 2009

Day After Thoughts

Still on a bit of a high, heck on quite a high not a bit! Am happy that the work can finally be seen as a group. I have always shown the sex worker white background photographs individually. The photographs will now be seen together working as a team to tell a message. It will be a small team of maybe 8 images but they will be printed large working together under good lighting in a gallery setting.

I hope the photographs can humanize the Thai sex worker for people who view the show. Many times people who open newspapers and read statistics lose the human element. When they see Bla, Long or Oews eyes in a large print staring back at them maybe the statistics will fall away and the viewer will see the underlying humanity behind the numbers. If I can communicate the human side of my subjects in these show photographs then I will be happy, I will have accomplished my goal.