Monday, March 24, 2008

Lawsuit Threatened

I have been threatened with a lawsuit because I want to judge and write reviews of photographs on display in a public gallery.

I will not let my freedom of thought or expression be censored. If you put your work up for display in a public gallery you are open to having the work critiqued in a written review, that simply goes with the territory. If you do not want people to form opinions on your work why put it in a gallery?

I will post my review as I had stated earlier, listing the artists as member 1, member 2 etc out of courtesy to the artist who for whatever reason does not want his name online, along with the print name. My review will be fair and balanced and 100% honest. The review will be about the art that is on display in a public art gallery, and is not meant as any kind of personal attack on the artists. I will be forming and writing an opinion based solely on the art the photographers chose to put on the gallery walls for public viewing.

I will not be intimidated and censored by any person that is trying to limit my freedom of expression.

We as artists need to stand up together as a group against this sort of harassment and attempted control of our freedom to express ourselves.