Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Video: New Sound System For Darkroom Trailer

Picked up a sound system for the darkroom trailer today. It is an old unit from about 2004, a BOSCH PB10-CD Power Work Radio. These things were created for construction workers and work, so heavy duty. My idea is to just place this on the floor of the trailer with 2 power sources, full electric and the inverter off the battery. I can play radio and CDs where ever I am in Canada with great sound. The newer units are blue tooth, I am more of a CD guy, have hundreds to play on the trips and travels. Music is something that will make the 14 hour wet plate days go that much better!! Cost $100 CAD, unit in near new condition.

I always love to dance in my darkrooms, maybe I can dance while making wet plates!

"Ain't Photography Grand!!"

Note** Also making some other upgrades to the trailer. New red LED lights, covered the troublesome vent light up, added a new on/off button for the pump and shortened one of the water washing pump tubes (it was too big and cumbersome). Little by little we are rounding the trailer into a good solid working environment and DANCE HALL!.

PB10-CD Bosch Power Work Radio