Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Naming System For The AMBROTOS KANATA Project?

I am thinking now of my storage and naming systems for the AMBROTOS  KANATA project. If things work out right, the 10- 15 year plus project could eventually create over 1000 plates. I need some efficient naming and storage system to deal with that volume of work.

Naming might go something like this.

Tree Detail, Banff National Park, 53-35' 51 N/112-20'11 W, Alberta, Canada, May 2022

Note* This section of the name, 53-35' 51 N/112-20'11 W, is the photography locations longitude and latitude in Canada. I take a reading each time I stop to photograph. I should have a pretty exact location where every ambrotype was made in Canada. I think that location info will be a nice addition if the work is later collected and exhibited nationally.

Note** I might some kind of abbreviation number-letter system as well. Something I can stick to the back of the plate and onto the naming storage envelope. That way after hundreds of plates are made, there will no confusion about where the plate came from, or when it was made. Maybe an excel sheet of some kind as well, listing each plate of the project in a simple understandable form.

The National Gallery in Ottawa will need this information later when they collect the work......I WISH! :)