Monday, June 6, 2022

Upgrades To Darkroom Trailer

 Planned upgrades to darkroom trailer.

- Black light from vent to prevent talking. Will use a Velcro removable plastic sheet.

- Add more red LED lights, testing a 12volt (plus into power supply) type from Amazon this week. If it works I will replace the 2 battery operated lights currently installed. I might keep the battery LED lights installed to use in a emergency loss of all power situation.

- Fix the sewage pipe connections from the sink to the sewage tank, not sure how just yet. For now I might have to use a pail on one tank and duct tape with RV style sewage pipe on the other. 

- Change out inflexible houses used on water agitation pump to a very flexible cloth hose system. I purchased various adapters and a hose and will work on that this week. The old hose system is effective bulky, takes up space and is difficult to work with. I also want to try to figure out a system that will allow me to start the water flowing without sucking on the hose. Getting mouthful's of  wash water cannot be good for your health, need to avoid that.

Note* The new man door light proof curtains I installed last week, and the door latch, worked wonderful. An extra step (opening and closing curtains) each time you leave and enter, but the darkroom is much more light proof now. It is reassuring to be in a more dark darkroom :)