Monday, June 6, 2022

AMBROTOS KANATA TRIP, Day 1

The first day of the trip was a quick drive to Elk Island National Park, I arrived around 6am, then had a 9 hour nap!! Woke up and made some ambrotypes, and left the park at around 11pm. I drove to the town of Mundare Alberta to spend the night.

Highlights of my stay at Elk Island was seeing a deer walk in front of me as I tied my shoes at the motorhome door (less than 30 feet away), a truly beautiful animal. Later in the day I ran out to make a photo of the trees (below) when I looked to see a large mean looking Buffalo staring at me (probably 70 feet away), he stared at me for 10 seconds or so (having noticed me first) and then went back to eat. At the time I was staring at him I wonder where I would go if he charged me! Maybe I could have clocked him with "Eddy" my 8x10 Deardorff and tripod! :)

Some plates of nearby trees. Will try some ULF panoramic of same subject soon.
Buffalo eating outside my window
Eating a muffin with tea inside the comforts of 'Fanny" the motorhome