Thursday, January 9, 2020

No Training Injuries Tonight!!

Miracle of miracles, I did a Martial Arts class tonight (Aikido) and no new injuries! It was a great class with so much first class instruction. My club is mostly black belts so me one of the few white belts gets lot of help and knowledge from lots of great people.

Hmm no new injuries tonight and the old ones are healing. Heck even the general aches and pains seem less, all good signs!

Am heading back to work tomorrow (just had one day off). Next week off I will do Aikido Monday-Wednesday- Friday and on Sunday will do Karate. Wonder what I will fell like after all of that!

Update:  My right hamstring was very tender but managed to get through the Wednesday class injury free. The idea is 5 years of training before the major photo project KANATA, but got to get there without losing a lun

Update** My left elbow is sore from doing chin ups. At my last weighing I was 237lbs, that is a lot of weight to repeatedly chin up and down.  I need to be careful. A few years back when I got up to 10-11 chin ups I hurt my right elbow muscle area. It took 4 or 5 months to heal, lifting things was difficult or impossible with that arm. I do not want to go down that road. I am up to 4 chin ups from 1 when I started a few weeks ago, but need to take some time off to let the left elbow heal some. I should probably not push tings beyond 7 or 8 chin ups even if I feel good doing them (not there yet). The key to training as always, is to do things properly, slowly, and to listen to your body. If your body screams "Stop" then STOP!!