Tuesday, January 14, 2020

HF3535 Camera Wet Plate Test In Czechia (Czech Republic)

Filip Habart and Karl von Hwozdnitz made a TEST 27x35 inch ambrotype using my new HF3535 camera. I still have 2 payments on the camera but gosh she is a beauty, got to give her a beautiful name! Will try to use it to do a cross Canada 10-15 year project called KANATA. 
For those that do not know Ambrotypes are old tech photography dating back to the 1850s. The process is filled with nasty and dangerous chemicals and uses Collodion, Silver and Salts to place images on glass. It is a super cool and extraordinary way to make art, the portrait, landscape, still life, nude, seems to exist WITHIN THE GLASS, like the glass is possessed with a soul, an inner spirit.
"Ain't Photography Grand!!

I am almost shaking with excitement. My head fills with possible imagery this machine can make, work that can have such power, have such longevity, meaning, feeling. I need to work my ass off on this KANATA project, need to overcome all obstacles, need to give it everything I have.

Update* Damn, too excited to sleep! Am thinking too many photo thoughts!

NOTE* This camera will be used in a 10-15 year cross Canada photography project I am calling KANATA, the story of Canada in landscapes and portraits, done using the ancient technique of wet plate collodion (ambrotypes, pics on glass). I will make photos in this series until I am physically un able to do so (years 60 to 75?).