Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Handles And Lens Support System For My HF3535

Got some more photos from Filip in the Czech Republic. MY MAMMOTH WET PLATE HF3535 CAMERA IS FINISHED!! Here are some photos of the handles that were added to allow me to carry the camera sections for set up with an assistant and the lens support system built to support the very large and heavy lens this camera will use. The last photos with the flange in it is the flange I sent Filip. It is the flange that goes with my rare 1780mm Nikkor lens.

Now I just need to finish paying for the camera! The payments on this camera have been spread out over about 3 years, allowing me to slowly chase this dream 35 inch view camera down. I will make 1 payment this week and the final payment after I earn the money! Nice to see the security guard earnings going to such a beautiful machine! Hopefully I can create strongly felt work with this newest glorious tool. :)

Will set it up in the spring after it arrives and do photos and videos for you folks out their in internet land.

NOTE* This camera will be used in a 10-15 year cross Canada photography project I am calling KANATA, the story of Canada in landscapes and portraits, done using the ancient technique of wet plate collodion (ambrotypes, pics on glass). I will make photos in this series until I am physically un able to do so (years 60 to 75?). 

Newest HF3535 photos