Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Cross Canada Wet Plate Project Gear Buy Moving Forward

I am also shopping (only shopping) for a darkroom trailer to do the wet plate work in and a converted  bus camping-pulling-living unit to make the project in. My current thinking is to pull a darkroom trailer behind a converted bus. A bus is built better, pulls better, stores large gear better (HF3535 camera) and is probably safer to live in when I go to very isolated areas in Northern Canada etc to make pictures. I will need a decent vehicle to live in on the road as some of the trips MIGHTt last 2 or 3 months.

Here are some possible buys. I have no money yet for such things but can dream!! The dreams often become realities if you want them enough. The price would need to be under $8000 for the trailer and under $40000 CAD for the converted bus. I  most likely will have to go cheaper than that. Gas and the Silver I will need for this project which might last 10 years will be VERY HIGH. Hopefully I can get some artist grants, sell some work and teach some workshops to help pay for everything. We will see how it goes, step by step.