Saturday, February 3, 2024

Second Wash Table Setup

I have been thinking of the best way to attach my hosing for the circulation-agitation pumps in my wash tables. One of the problems I have been having while washing plates is the hose getting away on me and scratching the surface of the ultra sensitive collodion emulsions. So you work all day trying to get a good plate and then during the wash process the wash hose moves and creates ugly damage on the plate. THAT HAS TO STOP!!

I was thinking of using a couple of these type double clamps on the table. The idea would be that both the water in and water out hoses would be held firmly in place with the clamps, preventing unintentional hose movement and damage.

The double clamp is mostly plastic but has some metal parts. I worry that with time they will become rusty. Each clamp cost $33, I would require 4 for the 2 tables (white and black wash tables).

Note* I like the black table color better, especially for clear glass ambrotypes. It should allow me to see the image while washing. This white table was $50 CAD cheaper ($130 versus $180 CAD), so I decided to save some money on the second table.