Saturday, December 23, 2023

Link: Webpage Now Up To About 148 Photos

 The website is coming along nicely. Still a few bugs, various mistakes, but things are looking up. The cost per year is about $270 CAD, for a domain name, web site host and more a pro looking email (contact@gerryyaum.net). I built the page by myself, so no extra costs there.

I have around 150 images on the site from 9 projects. Eventually I should have 700-1000 images from about 15 projects on the site. As I continue to shoot AMBROTOS KANATA, plus the 2 Thai projects THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP and THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE UNDER THE FREEWAY, plus a possible major project in the Philippines, the eventual image count before I die, could hit 2000.

We shall see!!

Note* I hope someone somewhere views my life’s work and considers it worthy of a book. Some photographers do dozens of books during their lifetime. I would be happy with just one!!! 

There are so many bad books published, even shitty books. I once saw a big colour photo book actually devoted to shit as a subject. Every picture was another toilet bowl filled with shit before flushing. When you see  disgusting ideas like that printed in book form, you really wonder what it will take to get published. Does compassion  and empathy for important lives even matter?

I hope this new photo website helps get the work into book firm someday.

www.gerryyaum.net