Friday, June 16, 2023

Bought A MASTERCANOPY Pop Up Canopy Tent, 1 Sidewall(6 1/2 x 6 1/2 Black)

 

Picked up a quick set up canopy tent for the wet plate project AMBROTOS KANATA. Size 6 1/2 foot x 6 1/2 foot. I could have gotten a 10 foot by 10 foot but it cost more money and might have been too big. This size should comfortably do what I need it for, cover the 8x10, 16x20 and 20x24 cameras in the field. Because it is smaller, it should also be easier to store and transport.

I am getting shutdown by rain over and over again. It happened last time I shot and is happening again this week. This unit will give me some water protection. For full protection I will probably have to also add a tarp of some kind. 

I should now be able to protect the cameras from the rain in open areas. It will not provide 100% protection and is liable to blow away in the wind if I do not secure it properly but the unit should provide enough protection for my needs.

The tent is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I will give it a test and take some pics'

Cost $179.00 CAD

Note* When go to the huge 150lb HF3535 camera, I will need a tent of some design, a much heavier duty unit that can stay up and protection for up to 1 week of shooting.