Sunday, June 25, 2023

2nd 20x24 Wet Plate Holder

I ordered a 2nd 20x24 inch wet plate holder from Filip in Czechia (Czech Republic) tonight. I might get this one with carbon fiber slides, not sure just yet. Cost of a normal holder is $400 Euro, for a Carbon Fiber double slide holder it is $800 Euro. I paid 1/2 up front, the build started. It will take a month or so.

I figured I needed a backup holder just in case my plastic slide version breaks down. Which it will with the hard use I plan to put it through. I do not want to be in far off Northern Yukon making 20x24 Ambrotypes and my one and only holder becomes damaged and unusable. It would be extremely painful to not be able to make beautiful Ambrotypes, in a beautiful, important location because my holder broke!! After I receive this one, I will always have a backup. Expensive, but important.

Wet plate and this project is so expensive. I need to get additional funding somehow, some way.