Saturday, February 18, 2023

"The Concerned Photographer"

Hmm, something ironic occurred today. Many years ago I bought a book I loved called THE CONCERNED PHOTOGRAPHER 2 (I also own volume 1). I love the book, studied it many times, it was influential and inspirational for me. I wanted to make important human photos just like the photographers in that book.

Fast forward to 2023 and David B from “Black and White Photography Magazine” just sent me the completed article about my photographs from Thailand. The article is titled THE CONCERNED PHOTOGRAPHER. He chose the title on his own.

Guess there was a bit of self fulfilling destiny. Kind of a beautiful thing there! Some dreams are coming true. :)

Note* I will post his wonderfully written story later, after the magazine has its run. I do not want to steal their thunder.

Note** THE CONCERNED PHOTOGRAPHER 2 includes the work of W. Eugene Smith, Bruce Davidson, Donald McCullin and Gordon Parks.

Please consider buying the "Black and White Photography Magazine" issue.