Thursday, December 23, 2021

My Long Winded Answer To A 3 Word Question

Question asked about the dump hats, I kind of went overboard in the answer, as I tend to do with most Dump things.


MS WROTE:







To the dump?
  • Gerry Yaum
    yes...part of the donation for THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP PROJECT. I work at a petrochemical plant in Canada, night time security (at work now). In past years I have sent out emails asking for donations from my fellow workers. That has lead to money donations (had a fundraiser here once), to hat, boot, and toy donations. So I sent out another hat request last night as I am planning (If Omicron allows) a trip back to Thai in February. Figured some new hats was the way to go, see photos from past donations.
    No photo description available.
    • Like
    • Reply
    • 5m
  • Gerry Yaum
    Hot as hell in the dump, hats needed. They just sit around the offices here at work, never used. Figured handing them out for use was a better deal. The children, teens and adults in the dump use them.
    May be an image of person, child and outdoors
    • Like
    • Reply
    • 4m
    • Edited
  • Gerry Yaum
    As do I. I use my share of hats. In the first dump photo years I never wore a hat but later on several of the older women in the dump (mother like) would give me shit for not having a hat to protect from the sun. Now I always where a donated contractor hat as well.
    May be an image of 3 people, child and outdoors