Thursday, December 9, 2021

Ethics Article Read Through (Kinda!)

So I got a preview of the FRAMES magazine "Ethics" article written by Rob W today. From what I saw the article looks good, it includes 3 THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP photographs and will discuss ethics in photography using the "Families" story as the proper way to go about things.  I only glanced at the story because I have problems reading about ME ME ME, even in this situations like this where I am not the focus. Being uncomfortable with this sort of thing for a long time, it is one of the main reasons I invented the fictitious Mr. Yaum. I like to make the photographs, tell the stories, help the subjects but do not want to promote myself, it seems so self centered, even exploitive. I am sure Rob did a good job, he is a professional writer and trustworthy person. It should all be OK.

I will post the story here, later on, after FRAMES has been published and had a chance to make some money.  Better yet! Buy your own copy! Then you will have access to all the wonderful photographic work plus the essays each issue contains. I will post some links to the magazine when I get it. I think the "Ethics" story will will be sent to the publisher/mag in about 2 weeks time. 


https://readframes.com/