Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Trailer Has Come A Long Way

 from Facebook...

The darkroom trailer has come a long way since last year. Am working in it tonight transferring chemicals to smaller bottles, varnishing-asphaltum-ing some plates and hooking up a water pump to the big stainless sink seen in the pictures from last year.
 
I will try working the trailer with heat in the next while after first removing the collodion/alcohol from the space (held inside camping coolers). There is no noticeable odour in the trailer but is better to be safe, with such things. My goal with wet plate is to be overly safety cautious. With the heater going, I should be able to work in the trailer until the temps run down below -15c or until the propane runs out.
Next year, I am very eager to pull this trailer into the field. When I become more mobile and move up to 11x14 and 16x20 cameras the fun (and difficulties) will increase 10 fold!!! Then "Ambrotos Kanata" will really start hopping! 
 
I will continue shooting 4x5 and 8x10 plates throughout the project as they have their own type of beauty. Picked up a Chamonix 5x7 wet plate holder to use as well. I always loved the 5x7 format size, so doing that in type work in wet plate seems right.