Thursday, December 13, 2012

Finally Found A Great Timer

I have been searching for years to find a really good darkroom enlarger timer. I always have trouble fumbling around in the dark trying to turn on the enlarger for focusing or trying to set the beeping tone (or turn it off), trying to find the itty bitty foot pedal used on some of my old timers has also been a pain in the butt.

I finally found a great timer with nice big buttons (especially the focus/expose button) that are easy to find and adjust in the dark, it also has a large foot pedal. I bought a second of these units last week to use with my 8x10 enlarger, I only have to change out the foot pedal and the 8x10 enlarger will be as easy to use as my Saunders LPL 4x5 . Printing is now that much easier, you get the right tools and everything flows smoother!

The timer is the :

SAUNDERS/LPL DIGITAL ENLARGING TIMER ET-500 & LPL ENLARGING TIMER FOOT SWITCH.