Friday, April 13, 2012

On Edge

With the opening at the VAAA coming closer I feel on edge. I love having the work seen, that's why it was created to be put up on a wall and be viewed by the public. The thing that puts me on edge is being the "Artist Dude" being the center of attention, I wish I could just go to my show and be invisible, let the work speak for itself, let the work tell its own stories. One of the reasons I invented Mr. Yaum was to be personally more invisible, the problem is even inventions have to show up for opening nights!

Maybe its just nervousness and butterflies, at my last exhibit "Fading Lives" I also felt this way but once the show got going things went well. It was also like this during the student talks for "Fading Lives" I felt bad until I started talking about the work, talking about the people in the pictures, then it was fun and enjoyable. Hopefully it will be the same this time round.