Saturday, March 20, 2010

Working On A Book

Did a bit of work this afternoon on a self published book I want to print using www.blurb.com I tried this last year unsuccessfully, the book was a crashing failure. I was very unhappy with the scans I did and the darkness of the reproductions. I will try it again this year with better/lighter scans. Hopefully I can put together something that is half decent. I do not expect to much from the cheapo printing process but heck I should be able to do something better than the piece of crap I made last year.

The idea is to make a small hardcover book measuring 8x10 which I can have for sale at the group show at the VAAA next year. I do not really want to sell the books so much as to give people a look at more of my photographs than they can see on the walls of the gallery. I will do a small version of 15 images first to see if it works and then go to 30-40 images or so for the VAAA group show book.