Friday, March 12, 2010

New Studio

I will be opening up a small studio room in the next while. I spent the day cleaning the room and hauling Speedtron flash equipment along with cameras, lens and tripods about, boy is my back sore.

Hopefully I can leave all this equipment at this studio location in the future and do not have to lug everything about. Having everything in one studio makes things much easier and should allow me to shoot more and learn more about lighting. I will try to do a series of portraits of various folks at the studio as well as dabbling in some still life images (something new!).

Places an advertisement in a local art weekly newspaper which will hopefully lead to some strong photographs, I also have a list of people (Father Series) I am interested in photographing. With the studio set up (about 1/2 completed now) I should be able to make photographs more easily and quickly.