Monday, March 29, 2010

My Week Off

Had a nice week off from my regular job. I ended up doing some much needed cleaning in my dry mounting/print finishing area. The room was quite messy but now that I put some of the flash equipment in the studio I have more space. Now hopefully with this new cleaned up area I can make up some 20x24 submission prints for the Victoria gallery and also do a set of 16x20 year end prints for my photography club.

Also experimented with a new fiber paper called Ultrafine Silver Eagle. I was happy with the initial results (beautiful blacks) with some 35mm negs shot with the Leica, I am less sure how they will work with large format 8x10 negs, looked a bit contrasty, lacking mid tones. I liked the paper enough to order some 11x14 and 16x20 for more tests.

Last night I did some 8x10 neg printing using Ilford 16x20 fiber paper. I wanted to save my Bergger paper for the VAAA group show and a possible one man show in Victoria. If I have to order more of the Berrger paper it is a long convoluted process that is very expensive.

There do not seem to be enough hours to do all the photography stuff I want to do. I wish I didn't have to work my regular job and could devote 24/7 to my photography. There still would probably not be enough hours!