Friday, June 12, 2009

Noy and Nui

Was walking down the street when I saw 2 Thai woman looking for customers, both looked young and were attracting interest from a farang man of about 60 years old. I could tell from the body language of one woman that she wanted nothing to do with this man. She kept moving farther ad farther away from him but he kept returning again and again (3 times when I was watching) to talk to her.

After his 3 third attempt I could see that the woman was very uncomfortable. I called the woman over and she sat beside me and we talked. I spoke to her in Thai about the old farang and she relaxed and smiled and then told the other woman what I had said. The girl was named Noy, she claimed to be 18 but looked younger (hard to tell somethimes the age of Thai people), Noy was working the street with her older sister a lady named Nui, she looked about 2 years older than Noy. I talked to them both for about 10 minutes, then they left to find a customer, I wished them goodluck and Noy wished me good luck in return.

So sad to see nice girls like these selling themselves to fat old farang, something is wrong with a world that allows this to happen.