Friday, December 28, 2007

Photo Idea

Was driving home from work this morning and had a photo idea pop into my head. The photograph was a head and neck shot in color shot with the twin reflex. The photographs would be printed on Kodak Metallic and shot with harsh lighting and some kind of neutral background.

I would do a series of heads of sex workers, direct straight forward eye on eye harsh lighting portraits. I want to overpower the viewer with the intensity of the subjects gaze. The images would be printed large possibly 19x19 or at least 15x15.

I think I can do this series the next trip to Thai when I have only 3 weeks to get everything shot. I have no time to do 8x10 photography but can hit and run with the twin reflex finding many people and photographing them in the limited time available. I need to photograph about 30 people to have at least 20 heads for a submission.

Images would be displayed in my VAAA show (hehe) with large white frames and white mount board.