Wednesday, December 12, 2007

6 foot 2 Vancouver Ladyboy

On my last night in Vancouver I was walking in the downtown area when a 6 foot 2 ladyboy walked across the street and past me. It was interesting to see the reaction of people as she travelled down the street in front of me, basically everyone watched with wide eyes and snickered and made a comment to the person they were with. Some stared rather rudely in total amazement, quite a different reaction that a ladyboy would get in Thailand where the people are much more accepting of such things.

I admire the courage it took this lady to walk the street and not care what other people thought. This person seemed free in a world where many of us conform to what is the accepted norm. I would love to have photographed her, think I would have tried to capture here independence and bravery.